Nutrition For Athletes
A comprehensive beginners introduction to nutrition for sport and exercise (e-book included)
Last updated 2022-01-10 | 4.6- Understand how the body adapts to training
- The psychology of healthy eating
- Sweat rates
- hydration and how much to drink
What you'll learn
* Requirements* This course is designed for people with an interest in nutrition
* sport and exercise
* No prior knowledge of nutrition is required
Are you interested in sport nutrition? Maybe you're an athlete or a coach, or a student or a lifelong learner looking to understand more about how nutrition and exercise affect our bodies.
If so, this is the course for you. We will look at how the body adapts to training and why nutrition is vital to this process. We will look at macros (carbohydrate, proteins and fats), micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) but we will also look at:
How to construct a healthier diet
Calculate your personal nutritional requirements
Manage your hydration
Fuel appropriately for exercise and competitive sport
Understand the psychology of healthy eating
Taught by Chris Worfolk, qualified psychologist, British Triathlon coach, author of The One-Hour Guide to Sport Nutrition, Ironman triathlete and ultramarathon runner.
This course is accredited by IOATH and you will receive a free copy of the e-book edition of Chris's book when you join the course.
Watch the video or check out our preview lessons to get a taste of what is inside.
If that sounds exciting, hit the "buy now" button to get started immediately. I can't wait to see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Professional and amataur athletes looking to understand their diet and improve their performance
- Coaches looking to support their athletes with nutrition
- Anyone who loves health, sport, exercise and nutrition
15 sections • 85 lectures