Gbci Green Certifications
Receive LEED and WELL rating systems 1.50 Continuing Education hours by taking our GBCI bootcamp green business course.
Last updated 2022-01-10 | 4.5- Review the value of LEED rating system and its impact on the built environment.
- Identify ways that new GBCI tools
- resources and offerings address the components necessary for healthy buildings
- and communities.
- Recognize the Arc platform as a value add to LEED v4 projects and your green services of validated building performance.
What you'll learn
* Requirements* Knowledge about sustainability and green building programs and certification.
* internet connection and computer or mobile.
You will receive a certificate of completion that you can use later for CE hours to be provided to USGBC as a proof when requested.
The following can be used to report the course successfully:
Course name: GBCI Bootcamp: Overview of Green Business Certifications and Programs
GBCI Course ID: 920016721
Course level: Intermediate
GBCI CE (Continuing Education) hours: 1.5 hours
This course provide LEED practitioners, project teams, service providers, and developers an overview of the expanding suite of tools offered by the Green Business Certification Inc. Learn about the tools for market transformation: LEED, Arc, WELL, Sustainable Sites Initiative, PEER, Parksmart, TRUE, GRESB, and LEED for Cities. Receive an overview on each of the green building offerings that builds upon your knowledge of LEED. Discover the tools and resources for advancing green buildings, communities and cities as part of your green business strategy. No matter the type, size, scope, or life-cycle phase of your project, GBCI has a system than can work for you.
Certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the course after passing successfully the quiz.
Benefits of joining the course:
• Receive 1.50 CE hours that can contribute towards your LEED credential hours.
• Learn how to report your CE hours with step-by-step guidance.
• Learn more about other sustainability building standards and rating systems.
• Understand the principles and how each rating system works.
• Receive a certificate of completion after finishing the course.
• Get a life-time access to the course that never expires.
• Contact the instructor for any clarification or question through our Q&A platform.
• Receive access to the bonus lecture with bonuses and promotional offers.
• Review the value of LEED.
• Identify ways that new GBCI tools, resources and offerings address the components necessary for healthy buildings, cities, and communities.
• Recognize the Arc platform as a value add to LEED v4 projects and your green services of validated building performance.
• Compare LEED v4 credits and synergies with other green building systems.
The course is provided by karim elnabawy - GBERA "Green Building Education and Research Academy" and it took a huge amount of time and effort to be developed in a way that will allow students benefit from them. The course is not allowed to be distributed outside Udemy by any means. Only sharing the official link to the course is allowed.
Screenshots and downloading videos is not allowed.
In the following link, you will understand how to use UDEMY practice tests and quizzes: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/231954647-Practice-Test-FAQs
GBERA is not affiliated with the U.S. Green Building Council® or Green Business Certification Inc.™ and does not administer the LEED AP® /LEED® Green Associate™ program. USGBC and GBCI do not endorse or recommend the products or services offered by GBERA.
LEED AP® and the LEED AP logos are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and are used with permission.
LEED® Green Associate™ and the LEED Green Associate logos are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and are used with permission.
Copyright © 2018 U.S. Green Building Council
Who this course is for:
- Individuals who are interested to take accreditation and certification program.
- people who are interested to know more about the current sustainability programs.
- Other green building and sustainability professionals.
- LEED and green building consultants.
- Current LEED users and project team members.
2 sections • 12 lectures
Introduction and Overview Preview 05:46
This course will provide LEED practitioners, project teams, service providers, and developers an overview of the expanding suite of tools offered by the Green Business Certification Inc. Learn about the tools for market transformation: LEED, Arc, WELL, Sustainable Sites Initiative, PEER, Parksmart, TRUE, GRESB, and LEED for Cities. Receive an overview on each of the green building offerings that builds upon your knowledge of LEED. Discover how to tools and resources for advancing green buildings, communities and cities as part of your green business strategy. No matter the type, size, scope, or life-cycle phase of your project, GBCI has a system than can work for you.
LEED Rating System Preview 20:15
Overview of LEED Rating System
LEED is a leadership standard for green building. LEED Certified buildings demonstrate an exemplary level of energy and environmental performance.
LEED has been USGBC’s primary tool for market transportation. As a result we’ve seen a fundamental shift in the way the buildings are designed, built and operated around the world. Codes and standards have been upgraded to be more efficient, healthy and green. Products and services have also been transformed to support green building demand.
ARC Preview 05:21
A high performing green building is not just about implementing strategies but monitoring the outcomes and impacts through the actual performance.
Data is the new natural resource
Arc is a tool that allows any building to monitor its performance. It is not a rating system, a certification, or a program. It is an online tool that can support all of USGBC/GBCI’s programs.
Beyond LEED Preview 04:31
We recognize that LEED alone cannot address all the critical components necessary to achieve healthy cities and communities. Our industry needs other tools to assess the performance of the other sectors as well. To meet these needs, GBCI and USGBC have aligned with other organizations to develop rating systems and tools to complement and support our system goals.
WELL Building Standard Preview 17:30
WELL is a performance-based system for measuring, certifying and monitoring features of the built environment that impact human health and wellbeing.
The WELL Building Standard™ is the first building standard to focus exclusively on the health and wellness of the people in buildings. WELL takes a holistic approach to health in the built environment addressing behavior, operations and design.
SITES v2 Rating System Preview 24:09
The Sustainable SITES Initiative (SITES) is a comprehensive land design and development rating system that is being used by both private and public sectors all around the world.
SITES certification is given to landscapes, site infrastructure and spaces that demonstrate a high level of environmental and social sustainability.
SITES works for all types of projects with or without a building – including parks, university campuses and commercial headquarters – for new construction or major renovation of existing sites.
Parksmart Preview 14:03
Parksmart is the world’s only rating system defining & recognizing sustainable practices in parking structure management, programming, design & technology.
• An industry-driven, field-tested road map for high-performance new and existing parking garages, Parksmart recognizes forward-thinking facilities working today to shape tomorrow’s transportation ecosystem.
• Parksmart creates opportunities for parking structures to lower their energy usage through lighting, ventilation, controls and commissioning measures, reducing operational costs up to 25 percent compared to the national average
TRUE Zero Waste Preview 15:15
Total Resource Use and Efficiency (TRUE)
The TRUE Zero Waste rating system helps businesses and facilities define, pursue and achieve their zero waste goals through project certification and professional credentialing.
TRUE is a whole systems approach that helps organizations understand how materials flow through their facilities and identify redesign opportunities so that all products are reused.
PEER Preview 09:46
Performance Excellence in Electricity Renewal, or PEER, is the world’s first certification program that measures and improves power system performance and electricity infrastructure.
Through certification, PEER recognizes industry leaders for improving efficiency, day-to-day reliability and overall resiliency when it comes to severe events, such as flooding and hurricanes. PEER is for all power systems and includes guidance for cities, utilities, campuses and transit.
BONUS LECTURE | Discounts, and Special Promotions - up to 75% Preview 00:23
How to report LEED CE Hours Preview 00:05
video that explains how to report CE Hours.
Course Quiz | 1.50 CE
Watch the course videos, Pass the quiz, and receive certificate of completion to be able to submit the 1.50 LEED CE hours.